Ethos and Values
Our Mission Statement
‘Learning and working together to create a better future’
Our Vision for Woodlea Children
At Woodlea Primary School we aim to encourage children to develop intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally, creatively, morally and spiritually. To achieve this we aim to:
Motivate children to:
- Apply skills and knowledge to investigations and real life situations
- Aspire to their highest potential
- Have a high self-esteem and achieve work of a high quality
- Respect the school and other members of the community
Provide an environment which:
- Has high expectations of work and behaviour and celebrates children’s achievements
- Is stimulating, challenging, happy and safe
- Values co-operation and collaboration between staff parents/carers and children
- Promotes equality of opportunity, tolerance and respect for others
- Recognises potential talents in all children and cultivates them
- Welcomes all children, regardless of needs, and seeks to include them in the life of the school
Encourage children to:
- Speak confidently, discuss, question and explore
- Be independent
- Be self-motivated
- Be tolerant and non-judgemental
- Have high self-esteem and be confident
- Be open minded and sensitive to the feelings of others
- Participate in all activities open to them
The aims of the school underpin all that happens in school: This includes the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of children.
- Working together
- Being motivated
- Being learning ready
We have the right to learn and to take part in different activities.
We have the responsibility to participate.
We have the right to learn.
We have the responsibility to work hard and cooperate together, and try our hardest at whatever we do.
We have the right to be heard and to put forward our ideas.
We have the responsibility to listen to one another.
We have the right to be treated kindly and fairly.
We have the responsibility to treat each other with respect, politeness and kindness.
We have the right to work and play in a clean, safe school.
We all have responsibility to look after our environment.
Everyone at Woodlea follows our Charter